Doe Portrait

Debra Sisson Oil Painting Deer Art Wildlife Animals

Oil on hardboard, 6" x 6"

One good thing about living where we do (Arkansas river valley) is that deer romp through our rural area right out in the open and don't seem to think much about it.  Our neighbors would agree! The down side is, of course, that they eat tender garden offerings and rub the bark off of young trees. I don't get up early enough (why not?!) to see them in the semi-darkness, but I wanted to paint this doe against a dark background to show off her great features.  So many different tones of red/brown/gray/white and more are apparent in her coloring.  Painting wildlife is comforting to the soul and  a lesson I've known for quite some time I believe.

If you'd like to commission a painting please contact me.
Visit my gallery to -- Purchase $70.00 + $8.00 shipping (for international shipping, please e-mail me )

Thanks for stopping by!
Please Visit my gallery to see all of my paintings