Leaf scape abstract 16x20 day 30 in 30 day challenge...day 8




Leaf abstract

Day 8 of the 30 paintings in 30 day challenge.




Leaf abstract
16x20 on  gallery wrapped canvas


This painting was done with thick paint applications with brushes
And pallet knives.

After which a lot of scraping down and re-application
Of more paint. There was a rubbing out done in some
Areas as well.
I added small leaf skeletons to different
Area. Some of the leaves I had glazed with paint
Before pressing into the paint., many I left plain and they
Are extremely subtle.
Below see a close up of the pressed leaf details that are hidden
Throughout the painting.



I am really starting to enjoy more
Abstract painting the older I get, it is not as
Easy as it looks!

I have heard that if you can turn your painting any direction
And it looks good, you have a successful painting.
That is entirely true with this painting.

I hope you have enjoyed my painting of leaf abstract! As always
I would love to hear from you, feel free to comment.
This painting was given to my close friend Dodie up in Iowa.


I have more art at: www.LeslieNewmanfineart.blogspot.com