Great Expectations 8x10 oil by Leslie newman


Great Expectations

This was a fun painting to do.
Great Expectations was one of three paintings I did
To enter into the Illinois river shed salon . This juried show is 
Annual and is relatively new. The paintings must be completed within 
The water shed area. When you enter your painting, you must provide the location
For the jurors to prove locations of the piece. 

This yr I did three paintings
All three paintings were submitted by the deadline on September 2nd. I think I had 2 minutes to spare! LOL

Waiting patiently to hear about results today. If any of my painting are juried in,
They go into a show and reception at a local garden
and art venue called  Compton
Gardens in Bentonville,NW Arkansas.The top 5-6 winners, then get to have their paintings
Put on display at Crystal
Bridges Museum of American Art.
How exciting that would be!
I feel like this is my  strongest piece of the three.
I was driving over a bridge and saw this shining water with a blue heron studying the
Water looking for a snack, thus the name of the painting,
Great Expectations

I hope you will view my other blog at:

www.leslienewmanfineart.blogspot.com

I am participating in a 30 paintings in 30 day challenge
With a California palette knife painter,
Leslie Saeta. She is so talented. It you simply google
30 paintings in 30 days you will find it. You are looking for the September
2014 challenge.

I would love to hear any comments you might have!