Tulips Waving

Debra Sisson Watercolor Painting Flower Art Still Life Garden

Watercolor on stretched canvas, 12" x 12" x 3/4".

I experimented with a different approach to a watercolor in this floral painting.  The canvas I used has a special sizing that accept watercolors and the finished painting is sealed with a clear acrylic protectant which is archival.  The surface of the canvas accepts the paint differently than paper.  I think I like the way it stays more on the surface of the painting and it's also much easier to "lift" the paint back to a lighter shade or even back to white.  I really appreciate the fluidity of watercolors, and in this painting, I had a great time shaping the tulips and leaves with a feeling of energy and movement.

Thanks for visiting and your comments are welcome!
The 3/4" sides are painted making framing optional.


Visit my gallery to -- Purchase $120.00 + $10.00 shipping (for international shipping, please e-mail me )

Thanks for stopping by!
Please Visit my DailyPainters gallery to see all of my paintings