Mourning Dove Preening

Debra Sisson Oil Painting Bird Portrait Dove Wildlife

Oil on hardboard, 6" x 8".

This is a second painting of the same dove I painted before. The bird is in a different position on the deck rail and seems to be interrupted in her grooming process and pauses to look.  I used the same colors but different parts of the dove are highlighted and the sunlight catches the ruffled feathers.  Mourning doves are a joy to watch and I always try to avoid frightening them when they are feeding right outside my door.  I wish they wouldn't fly away so quickly at the slightest sound.
If you'd like to commission a painting please contact me.

Visit my gallery to -- Purchase $90.00 + $10.00 shipping (for international shipping, please e-mail me )

Thanks for stopping by!
Please Visit my DailyPainters gallery to see all of my paintings