Whitney Ballerina painting by Leslie Newman


Whitney Ballerina
Acrylic on canvas 9x12

This is a painting I did representing my neice, Whitney Hansen. Whitney
is the only daughter of my Brother Todd, and his wife Kathleen.
She is a very accomplished dancer and has been since she
was a young girl. Whitney now is a freshman at U of Michigan at Ann Arbor.

I was able to capture her in what she would wear for a formal
performance. For years she took part in the Nutcracker dancing
as different characters. She also did different recital,dance and drama parts
for her school and the dance troop in Grand Rapids, MI.

Dancing gave Whitney life long friendships and memories she can keep with her the
rest of her life. I painted this as a surprise for her 16th Birthday. I 
appologize the photo of this is a bit unclear.