Mourning Light

Debra Sisson Oil Painting Bird Portrait Dove Wildlife

Oil on hardboard, 6" x 8".

A mourning dove was stretching and sunbathing on a deckrail, and thanks to my photographer friend, Jeanette Foreman, I was priviledged to create a painting from her photo.  This is my vision of what I saw in the lovely image and I'll be anxious to see what Jeanette's vision turns out to be in the watercolor (or oil?) she has planned.  The dove's head is very attractive against the bright colors, but I was also intrigued by the subtle blue/grey feathers underneath the wing. 
If you'd like to commission a painting please contact me.

Visit my gallery to -- Purchase $120.00 + $10.00 shipping (for international shipping, please e-mail me )

Thanks for stopping by!
Please Visit my DailyPainters gallery to see all of my paintings