Trail-Happy Lab

Debra Sisson Oil Painting Labrador Retriever Dog Art Pet Portrait Woods

Oil on hardboard, 10" x 8"

A great thing about Labs is that the are always ready for a hike and especially when its up rough, hilly terrain and in a great woodsy environment.  This angle of a yellow Lab captures the reflected coloring on her face, neck and chest from the forest plants and sky. That was the hook for me and her intense concentration of something in the distance was kind of  like the icing on the cake.  I'm still keeping the paint heavier and strive for a looser feeling in the piece.
If you'd like to commission a painting please contact me.
Visit my gallery to -- Purchase $140.00 + $10.00 shipping (for international shipping, please e-mail me )

Thanks for stopping by!
Please Visit my gallery to see all of my paintings